||Math Access for Teachers
and Home Child Care Providers
Resources By Age
Matching Games for Babies and Toddlers
Math at Play Resources
Head Start Resources
Zero to Three Resources
Counting Nursery Rhymes
- PBS Parents - Math Activities for Preschoolers and Kindergarten
- Let’s Read Math wants to make parents and families aware of the growing body of children’s literature with themes related to mathematics. Here you will find a long annotated list of live links to preschool children’s books with math themes, listed by title, author, and mathematics topic.
- The California Mathematics Council maintains a For Families section at its website. Here you will find articles on mathematics education issues of interest to parents, hands-on activities to do at home, and information on how to host your own Family Math event at your preschool or education center.
- Jigsaw puzzles for toddlers and preschoolers
- Math Activities for preschoolers and Kindergarteners
- Comparing Cookie Quantities
- Cookie Sheet Math - Print and Make on Your Own
- Fun worksheets that reinforce math concepts
- Graphing activities for preschool and kindergarten including data and organizing it in a variety of ways.
- Time for Learning: Making Patterns
- Pattern Matcher: Making Patterns
- Johnny the Guinea Pig Teaches Geometry – A fun You Tube video with a guinea pig sliding, turning and flipping
- Icy Slides Flips and Turns An interactive media game to practice slides, flips and turns (will need adult to read prompts)
- An interactive game to answer which way the shape turned (for older children)
- Many activities involving symmetry.
- Online reading of Loren Leedy’s book, Seeing Symmetry.
- Symmetry games & activities.
- Cute butterfly symmetry game where children paint one side of a butterfly’s wings to match the already colored in side.
- Play the game, “Purpy’s Shapes”. Children click on everyday objects that match the highlighted shapes.
- Circle craft ideas as well as printable coloring pages, flash cards and worksheets.
- Many interesting and creative circle activities, games, movements, songs and book suggestions.
- Instructions by Eric Carle on how to create collage of tissue paper shapes.
- Play “Puzzle Shapes.”
- Play Purpy’s Shapes - Children help Purpy (a purple circle) find his favorite shapes. Helps children indentify objects that are in various shapes.
- On-line shape puzzle games.
- A list with many ideas for activities with shapes.
- Children drag and drop the numbers 1-12 onto a clock face.
- This link will take you to several templates to make paper clocks and felt board clocks. It is also great for coloring.
- Telly’s Shape Garden – Help Telly from Seseme Street make a shape garden
- Secret Code Matching Game – Click on the shapes to open the door
- Play Gingerbread Men. Matches numbers on Gingerbread men to objects on Gingerbread men. http://www.familylearning.org.uk/counting_games.html
- Play Ladybird Counting. Counting and ordering numbers up to five with ladybirds, snails and leaves. http://www.familylearning.org.uk/counting_games.html
- Probability - Children will need adult help with this game as there is a lot of reading. Fun way to measure the likelihood of things happening.
- Many great games for all age levels and abilities. Counting to 5, 10 & 20, representing the numbers, comparing and adding with sums up to 5 and 10.
- Songs and games about fractions.
- On-line fraction games.
- Games to practice and reinforce fraction skills the fun way.
- “Color Subtraction” Children have fun as they color the pictures while developing and practicing their subtraction skills.
- Children click on the smallest or the largest item. It has voice over and print.
- Children measure different sized animals to see how much room they will need on the dinosaur train.
- Fun games that help children master addition facts 1-12.
- Fun games that help children master subtraction facts 1 – 12.
- Counting Cars and Recording Data
- Funbrain on the Rocks
- This is an excellent resource for finding and using virtual math manipulatives for children Pre-K through 2.
- Nick Jr. Catch that Shape Bandit – Interactive game where children use shapes to build pictures that go along with a story.
- Nick Jr. Super Shape Building With Geo – Interactive game where children use shapes to build pictures. http://www.nickjr.com/kids-games/super-shape-building-with-geo.html
- Here, children can click on items and place them in a virtual balance scale. On the other side of the balance they drag and drop weights until it is balanced.
- Children drag and drop them onto a scale that weighs them using numbers.
- An online game that allows children to count the number of apples on the tree and check their answer.
- Building Sandcastles
- Pattern Matcher
- The Essential Guide to Preschool Math
- Bedtime Math
- Museum of Mathematics
- A quick guide for using MS Office in preparing math aids like worksheets, flash cards, games and other visuals
- Little Discoverers: Big Fun with Science, Math, and More! Games, videos, and activities to incorporate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) concepts into kids’ everyday lives. sesamestreet.org/STEM
Resources By Topic and/or Type
Math Games and Puzzles
To report a problem with the site, please email us.
|© 2011. M.A.T.H.